Cloud monitoring is a technique of observing, reviewing and managing the roadmap in an IT cloud-based infrastructure. The method used for confirming the availability, scalability, and performance of websites, servers, databases or Applications in any of the cloud infrastructure can be performed in manual or automatic to ensure continuous evaluation of resource levels, speed predicts and possible vulnerability to mitigate the future impact.
Cartel Info system, multi-cloud managed services, experts consultation provides the best use of resources to engage and apply to monitor the cloud environment. Monitoring Databases, Website monitoring, Virtual network monitoring, Cloud storage monitoring, and Virtual machine monitoring are the types of Cloud monitoring.
Benefits of Cloud monitoring
Cloud monitoring is the primary skill for any cloud-based architecture that is implemented through developer’s maybe it’s a kind of third party software or inbuilt by DevOps projects etc. This strategy is focusing on identifying service level objective (SLOs) are MET or not MET.
• Availing subscription-based solutions at a low cost
• Installation and configurations are a simple activity
• Full Scalability available for any capacity or size of an organization
Best practices for cloud monitoring
Based on the organization strategy, business leadership decides to make cloud monitoring the most important than others; hence planning must offer questions with quantifiable answers that put a path forward to business goals for implementation. Cartel Info systems defined below as the best practices
• Embrace Single platform to be used for reporting all data, which collates data from different sources to consolidate information that enables to calculate uniform metrics and enhance output to showcase a complete performance review
• Organization to store monitoring data in a separate application model, to isolate dependencies on the inbuilt business application which can be a performance bottleneck. The separate application model will still be in a centralized environment for easy access and reports.
• Estimate and Measure the needs of reporting; Identify data metrics that affect bottom-line and eliminate date is not needed.
• Avail benefits of “Pay for what you use” to reduce the usage and fees for data and services which are not used. Robust monitoring solution to be adapted to track how much activity is on cloud and its associated cost.
• Maintain thresholds and define KPIs to monitor for activity surpasses or drops at different levels. Correct KPIs to be revisited and modified to optimize and boost efficiency and increase productivity.
• Feedback on customer satisfaction to get the user experience on performance and metric reviews such as response time and intervals of use.
• Evaluate and test tools to see when an outage or data breach occurs, which helps in creating a new standard KPI for alerts mechanism
The primary part of cloud security and management is to majorly come from Cloud Monitoring. Implemented through monitoring software has full control and access on centralized cloud infrastructure. This helps cloud administration to review the operational status and health of the cloud environment for servers and its component